(2011-2014)–Co-beneficiary – total budget EUR 855,924.00 (European commission)
INTERFACE project aimed at achieving the following 5 specific objectives:
(1) Enhancing the employability of university graduates;
(2) Ensuring Life Long Learning (LLL) and on the job training for academics;
(3) Fostering transfer and multiplication of academic knowledge to society;
(4) Combating brain drain; and
(5) Setting up a continuous learning and quality improvement system for universities.
These specific objectives were achieved through the following three major steps:
1) The necessary structures and capacities at the partner universities in order to achieve these objectives will be identified and developed through knowledge transfer.
2) Interface Centers (IC) dealing with career counseling, LLL and alumni activities will be established at each university.
3) Pilot projects dealing with either career counseling, LLL or alumni activities will be conducted at each IC.
The project contributed to ensuring that the targeted Universities in the region are able to facilitate the graduates’ entrance into the labor market through enhanced partnerships with enterprises; to set up an institutionalized LLL system, and to establish a quality improvement system through coordinated contact with alumni.
ISIE was assisting partner universities in Macedonia in developing strategies for establishment of Interface centers and further advance of their network of contacts with business sector and alumni. Furthermore, ISIE is logistically supporting the organization of events in Macedonia. Following activities have been implemented:
– Project kick off meeting held from 17-18 March 2011 at the University of Graz;
– Organization of meetings with relevant stakeholders for preparation of Inter (April – May 2011);
– Organization of workshops at targeted universities in order to assist staff in developing position papers (25 June 2011 – FON University, 26 June 2011 – St. Kliment Ohridski University Bitola) and drafting strategies for establishment of Interface centers;
– Presentation and feedback of developed strategies at University of Sarajevo (1-2 December 2011);
– Preparation of a national event for promotion of strategies of Interface target universitiesin Macedonia (December 2011);
– Development of Interface business plans and pilot project;
– – Study visits at the University of Graz, New Bulgarian University, WU – Vienna University for Business and Administration and University of Liverpool (2012-2013);
– Consulting for sustainability of Interface centers and development 3- year business plans- Preparation of final conference (Novi Sad, 2014).
INTERFACE Final Conference
INTERFACE Study visit at WU
INTERFACE Study visits at Partner Universities
INTERFACE Workshop at the University of Sarajevo
INTERFACE – Developing and Setting up Measures for Initiating, Enhancing, and Sustaining Higher Education-Society Cooperation